Electric hoist generally has multi-directional protection device to ensure the safety of personnel and work, but the protection device should also have some basic requirements.
- It has the function of preventing danger, suitable for the operation condition of electric hoist, and does not hinder the production and operation.
- It is installed firmly, with reliable performance, sufficient strength and rigidity, accurate action and stable performance.
- It is durable and does not affect the adjustment, repair, lubrication and inspection of the hoist.
- The protective device itself shall not cause harm to the operator.
Inspection before Using Electric Hoist
Before using the electric hoist, a simple safety inspection is necessary to avoid the abnormal problems of some parts and do a good job of hazard prevention in advance.
- The button control direction of the operating handle, the brake and the limiter are sensitive and accurate.
- The steel wire rope is free of defects, well lubricated and arranged in order.
- There is no abnormal sound when the motor and reducer rotate.
- There are no obstacles in the track of electric hoist and the walking area of personnel.
- The hook and pulley can rotate flexibly.
Precautions for Installation of Electric Hoist
Electric hoist installation is a very important work, not only to do a good job of preparation before installation, but also pay attention to the specific installation matters.
- In order to ensure that the electric hoist does not derail when running to both ends of the track or to prevent collision and damage to the body, elastic buffers shall be set at both ends of the track.
- When installing the electric hoist, check whether the plug block used to fix the wire rope is loose.
- Ground wire shall be set on the track or its connected frame. The ground wire can be φ 4 – φ 5mm bare copper wire or metal wire with a cross section of not less than 25mm ².
- The ground resistance of all power circuits and control circuits of electrical devices shall not be less than 10000 Ω per volt working voltage.
Overall Inspection of Electric Hoist after Installation
After the installation of electric hoist, a comprehensive safety inspection is required, which is very necessary from the perspective of safety:
- Whether the electrical equipment of the electric hoist is suitable for the current type and working voltage of the installation site.
- Whether the electrical circuit is connected correctly and reliably.
- Check whether the action of limit device is correct, flexible and reliable.
- Whether all lubricating parts are fully lubricated.
- Whether the wheel is reliably connected with the track.
- When selecting the power supply cable, it must be ensured that the power supply voltage at the incoming terminal of the hoist motor is not lower than the rated voltage.
Points for Attention
- The operators must receive professional study and safety technical training, be examined and approved by the state or the competent business department, and obtain the operation certificate of special operators issued by the local competent department before conducting and operating. It is strictly prohibited to operate without the certificate.
- Before using the electric hoist, check the safety and technical conditions of the hook, wire rope, reducer and other vulnerable parts.
- When the electric hoist is used, it is forbidden to enter the hoisting dangerous area and assign special personnel to watch it.
- The electric hoist must be placed or bundled in accordance with the requirements of hoisting regulations.
- Lifting operation is prohibited in case of failure of brake and safety device, damage of locking device of hook nut, damage of steel wire rope, etc.
- The lifting operation shall not be carried out when the lifting object is bound, hanging is not firm or unbalanced and sliding is possible, and the edge angle of the lifting object is not padded with the steel wire rope.
- Lifting operation is not allowed when the site, lifting objects and command signals cannot be seen clearly.
- When stopping work or resting, the crane, basket, sling and cable shall be suspended in the air.
- When the crane works, it is not allowed to inspect and repair the crane. Do not adjust the brake of lifting mechanism with load.
- It is strictly forbidden to fall (slide) freely when lowering the lifting objects. Do not use the limit position limiter to stop.